::September Upon Us::

It's almost here! My favorite part of the year. Fall. Autumn. These next four months prove to be my favorite over and over again and this year is no different. I have a plentiful garden this year that is buzzing away. The front garden is up and needs to be picked daily. I planted baby and dwarf bok choy less than a month ago and those varieties are starting to bolt already. We have one laying hen!! I wish this heat would die down just a bit so everything could thrive. Right now, I'm watering multiply times a day. The bird house gourds I planted in early spring are just finally starting to produce. Those, cucumbers, and the tomatoes are all wrapped up into a happy garden mess right now. Next year I plan on planting tomatoes along the driveway with more space between them. And I will plant more of them! So far, I've only canned two pints of roasted tomatoes, as I'm eating everything else that they produce. The tiny cherry tomatoes are so super sweet, and the cherokee purple tomatoes have been fun to cheer on and talk to.  No, really. I talk to my tomatoes! Grow babies, grow!


Compost pumpkins, picked yesterday! These will be made into pies!


With September right around the corner, I'm already starting to think about Halloween costumes and Christmas presents. Mama made Christmas presents. I've got a birthday coming up also that needs some planning pretty soon. Our school year started this week and we are busy in the afternoons a lot this week. I'm hoping next week that will smooth out and we will have more of a schedule by then.

So much going on over here. The front yard garden is looking super trashy right now, so that and pickles are on my list of to-do's today during DH's short couple of hours home today.  I'm thinking lots of mums need to go in the ground and lots of weed whacking down the rows, in between the crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment