::girls::






The older girls are 8 weeks old already. Chicken time is going by fast! They've been enjoying their coop for the entire last month and it's working out really well to have them free ranging in the back yard. Of course, I have the veggies fenced of, but more or less, the chickens are allowed to roam freely in the back yard. Our cat, Howard, has finally stopped trying to jump on the chicks, so his daytime basement seclusion has finally ended. He's a happy cat.
I'm having a hard time discerning who's who with the buffs. I can tell one of them apart by her wind feathers, but the other two I have no clue. Chicken anklets, anyone?
It has been such a joy watching these girls run around outside. I also find it pretty great that they put themselves to bed every night. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment